United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson will visit India in April to boost opportunities in the region and to create a democratic counterweight to China, Reuters reported. With an aim to expand its influence in the Indo-Pacific region while preserving its strong ties with the United States, the British government will be laying out the country’s post-Brexit defence and foreign policy priorities on Tuesday. Calling the Indo-Pacific “increasingly the geopolitical centre of the world”, the government also highlighted a British aircraft deployment to the region ahead of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s previously postponed visit to India in April, reported Reuters. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was supposed to be the chief guest at Republic Day, but due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in the UK and the spread of a new strain, he cancelled his visit. Johnson is scheduled to visit India in April. Relations between the United Kingdom and China have strained over issues such as Hong Kong, COVID-19 pandemic and also denying Huawei an active role in Britain’s 5G network. The potential deployment of Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier’s is also expected to raise military tensions in the South China Sea. Britain will also be holding two… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson slams Extinction Rebellion's 'nose-ringed crusties in hemp-smelling bivouacs' amid fury at police for failing to stop eco-mob shutting down swathes of London despite 321 arrests
- We knew they were close... but now for the first time GUY ADAMS reveals the full picture of Boris Johnson and his very special relationship with American blonde pole-dancing ‘tech instructor’ Jennifer Arcuri
- Into the Fire: Boris Johnson's Call For New 'Iran Deal' Show UK Deep in 'Washington's Camp' - Prof
- Boris Johnson seeks to woo African leaders in lead-up to Brexit
- Boris Johnson Pledges to 'Put People Before Passports' In Post-Brexit Pitch at Africa Trade Summit
- PETER HITCHENS: Boris Johnson is shoving retired British soldiers back into the firing line for crimes allegedly committed during the Troubles
- Boris Johnson gets angry about girls' education
- Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif visits India as Delhi balances ties
- MI5 chief shrugs off US fears about letting China's Huawei into 5G network
- Good-bye, Theresa. Hello, Boris?
Boris Johnson to visit India in April to counter China have 358 words, post on www.rediff.com at March 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.