A settlement approved Wednesday will pay $2 million to the family of Kedar Williams, who died in August 2019 after choking on a chicken nugget at school. More than a year-and-a-half after the Williams family lost their son, the Palm Beach County School Board has offered $2 million to settle the lawsuit over his death. "His parents are pleased not only with the settlement, but they are most proud of the fact they fought for their son and fought for a training program designed to address the deficiencies that led to Kedar's death," mother Megan Williams' attorney, Sia Baker-Barnes, told the South Florida Sun Sentinel . Kedar, who was autistic and non-verbal, attended a program for children with disabilities at the Palm Beach high school. He also had a condition that made him especially prone to choking. And while his education plan stipulated that an aide watch him while he ate and cut up his food into small bites if necessary, video footage reportedly showed just one aide supervising Kedar and another student. The aide was allegedly tending to the other student when Williams began to choke on a chicken nugget. While choking, he had a seizure and was transported to Palm… Read full this story
- Revealed: Model law student, 19, who was shot dead by drive-by gunmen fled Lebanon for better life in UK after her refugee father was shot in the back during rebel fighting
- Government extends bereavement scheme to families of ALL immigrant NHS staff and carers who die from coronavirus - but foreign health workers will STILL have to pay levy for their care - as Boris Johnson is accused of 'stabbing them in the back'
- Pioneering female NFL sportscaster and Miss America-winner Phyllis George dies at 70 after long fight with blood disorder
- Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson's estranged wife Paddy Bowden dies in 'tragic accident' at their former marital home months after their split
- Disabled man earns good income from raising pigeons
- Florida’s Teen Survivors Refuse to Stay Silent: ‘We Are the Change’
- Family of three dies from apparent starvation in Japan
- Amazon worker, 59, is SIXTH staffer to die of coronavirus amid demands for the company to reveal data on infections
- Chilling final moments before innocent 19-year-old law student was shot and killed 'by stray bullet from drive-by gunman who was aiming at carwash'
- 'Phyllis George was a great person': Donald Trump leads tributes to pioneering NFL sportscaster and Miss America-winner who died aged 70 after long fight with blood disorder
Family of Disabled Florida Student Who Died Choking on Chicken Nugget Receives $2 Million have 408 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 26, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.