(CBSDFW/CNN) — As more US COVID-19 vaccine sites prepare to offer one-dose Johnson & Johnson shots for the first time Wednesday, more states are easing coronavirus restrictions despite health officials' warnings not to do just that. Among the states making moves Tuesday were Texas and Mississippi, both of which are lifting mask mandates and allowing businesses to open at full capacity by now or within days. READ MORE: Mesquite Man Wins Big On Texas Lottery ‘Weekly Grand’ Scratch Ticket, Takes Home Nearly $900K Texas Governor Greg Abbott's is ending the 8-month-long statewide mask mandate and opening up Texas 100% , making it the largest state to lift orders intended to prevent spread of COVID-19. By next Wednesday, March 10 all businesses can open at 100%. If restrictions are imposed at the county level, all entities must be allowed to operate at, at least a 50% capacity, according to Abbott. "If businesses want to limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols they have the right to do so, it is their business and they get to choose how to operate their business the way they want to," said Abbott. "Businesses don't need the state telling them how to operate." Abbott made… Read full this story
- Two Weeks After Mississippi Gov. Lifts Mask Mandate, State Reports Over 1,000 COVID Cases Again
- Europe, US struggle with COVID-19 surge
- UK recession expected to continue until spring amid Covid-19 surge
- Record death tolls in Mexico and Brazil add to fears of Covid-19 surge in Latin America
- Pharmaceutical Giant AstraZeneca Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Trial
- COVID-19 Stokes Demand for Temperature Check Technologies
- Doctors say this will be the worst surge yet. From treatments to testing to PPE, is the US better at handling Covid-19 now?
- Daily Covid-19 cases will hit six digits soon, expert warns, as US reports a one-day high of more than 83,000 infections
- Rising Covid-19 cases are headed by a three-fold rise in infections in people in their teens and 20s, data shows – while number of vulnerable older people testing positive is FALLING and has been since lockdown
- Since the Covid-19 epidemic started multiple studies have repeatedly shown a link to Vitamin D deficiency yet when Matt Hancock was asked about it he WRONGLY said a British study had found the opposite. Is he ignorant or incompetent?
‘It’s A Gigantic Mistake,’ Experts Warn Of Potential COVID-19 Surge Amid Lifted Mask Mandates have 377 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.