It's early January, and Sarah McBride is sitting at a desk in her parents' house in Delaware. A "Sarah McBride for State Senate" yard sign is wedged between a bookshelf and the wall — already a relic from the election she won two months earlier. "It's been a whirlwind," she says, leaning forward and taking off her glasses to rub her eyes. And not just because it's her first time holding public office: When she won her election for state senator of Delaware's 1st District with an overwhelming 73 percent of the vote, she became the highest-ranking openly trans elected official in U.S. history. Even on a video call, it's easy to imagine how she captured three-quarters of her constituents in November. At 30 years old, she's already well into her second decade in politics. She was 13 when she tagged along on a campaign for the first time, for a friend of her dad's who was running for Delaware insurance commissioner. At 17, she worked on Democrat Jack Markell's bid to be governor, recruiting about 50 high school volunteers that Markell credits, in part, for his upset win. McBride became a fixture at his public appearances, introducing him at… Read full this story
- Sarah Palin Thinks Chelsea’s Baby May Make Hillary ‘Open Her Eyes’ About Abortion
- South Koreans vote in national elections amid virus fears
- Being an Indian DREAMer in America
- Ecuador election: Who will succeed Rafael Correa?
- Peru Officially Revokes Invitation for Maduro to Take Part in Summit of Americas
- U.S. Presidential Election 2020 | Biden vs. Trump: stage set for November
- Nevada Democrats ask for changes to mail-in primary election
- Progressive youth groups issue demands for Biden ahead of general election
- Ecuador 'rejects unlimited election terms', blocking Correa return
- Sanders drops out of U.S. election race, setting up Biden battle with Trump
Why Sarah McBride Might Be the Most Inspiring Elected Official in America have 314 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.