Nine years after the remarkable Holy Motors, presented in Competition, Leos Carax will unveil in Cannes his new feature, a film eagerly awaited by cinephiles around the world. Annette , Carax’s first film in English, will open the Cannes 74th International Film Festival on Tuesday, July 6th. Set in contemporary Los Angeles, Annette tells the story of Henry, a stand-up comedian with a fierce sense of humor and Ann, a singer of international renown. In the spotlight, they are the perfect couple, healthy, happy, and glamourous. The birth of their first child, Annette, a mysterious girl with an exceptional destiny, will change their lives. Produced by Charles Gillibert, Annette , the director’s sixth feature film, based on Carax’s original idea, featuring a soundtrack composed by Sparks and starring Marion Cotillard, Adam Driver and Simon Helberg, will premiere internationally and will enter the Competition, following the opening ceremony at the Grand Théâtre Lumière in Cannes’ Palais des festivals. It will simultaneously be released in French cinemas. Visionary and enigmatic, Leos Carax has authored some of the most beautiful moments of French cinema in the last 35 years, with a filmography that has never ceased to display his mastery of directing. A… Read full this story
- Coronavirus movie delays: New release dates for 2020 and 2021 blockbusters
- When will sports come back? Return of Premier League, Formula 1 and Champions League
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League matches ‘could be less than 90 minutes’, EFL may not start next season
- Here’s what’s playing this summer at the movies
- How Topher Grace Transformed Into KKK Leader David Duke: ‘A Terrible, Evil Man’
- The Latest: Indy high school to hold graduation at Speedway
- The 40 best HBO series streaming right now
- Does Anyone Win in AMC Theatres’ Fight With Universal Pictures?
- FMIA: 2020 NFL Draft, Stripped Of Glitz And Replaced By Humanity, Is A Successful Diversion Amid Pandemic
- Natalie Wood’s daughter calls Robert Wagner ‘courageous’ for speaking out in doc: ‘I was just so proud of him’
Cannes 2021: Marion Cotillard & Adam Driver's Annette To Premiere On Opening Night have 325 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.