Jane Halton from the National COVID-19 Commission, which advises the federal government on the pandemic, spoke to the ABC about challenges facing Australia's vaccine rollout. She said production of vaccines needed to reach the point where there was capacity for them to be administered annually, as COVID-19 may be sticking around for a while. "This virus will continue to change, vaccines will need to continue to evolve to keep up with this virus," she said. "And my very strong suspicion, and this is what all the scientists are telling us, is we will probably move in a situation where we'll have to be vaccinated probably every year, much like we do with flu." Jane Halton says we might need to get the COVID vaccine jab every year, like the flu. Picture: Brendan Radke Source:News Corp Australia The Department of Health said it was not yet known if COVID-19 booster shots would be needed after the initial vaccine rollout, simply because it was not known how long the vaccines offered protection. "Clinical trials are currently happening to find out if we will need booster doses on an annual or longer basis," the department's website said. As part of the current national… Read full this story
- City reviews Covid-19 vaccination demand for kids under 5 years old
- Ulrika Jonsson admits to having had Covid-19 as she talks being 'blindsided by sadness'
- Air pollution may increase Covid severity, even in fully vaccinated patients, says study
- Rahul seeks fair compensation for families of Covid victims
- Bata is trying to bring down the average age of customers, says global CEO Sandeep Kataria
- 2022 emerges as the best year in office space leasing
- Ajay Devgn-starrer 'Maidaan' to be released next year on February 17
- We can’t pay our £6,000 energy bill but we need to use electricity to keep our son alive
- Why aluminium prices are struggling at a one-and-a-half-year low
- Camilla’s sweet way of showing her close relationship with Queen without saying a word
COVID-19 vaccine might be needed each year, expert says have 333 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.