Beachgoers at Florida's Panama City Beach formed a human chain to save a struggling swimmer from rough surf on Wednesday. The dramatic rescue began around 1:00 p.m. Wednesday when a young girl swimming in the water began calling out for help because she got caught out in the tide, WMBB reported . One woman was able to rescue the girl and get her safely to shore, but another woman attempting to rescue the girl got trapped in the rough waters. That eventually inspired Ryan Stelmachers to take a raft and join in on the rescue mission. Pretty soon, four people were in the water. "The current kept pulling us out, pulling us out, pulling us out," he told WMBB. "Every time we'd take one step forward, it would take us back three steps." Stelmachers and his wife quickly came up with an idea to form a human chain and were able to pull everyone back to safety despite the rough waters. Loredana Lupei recorded the rescue and uploaded the video to Storyful, which showed people cheering after everyone in the chain returned safely to shore. Wil Spivey, beach safety director for Panama City Beach Fire Rescue, told the Panama City… Read full this story
- Groom Risks His Life to Save Drowning Swimmer Moments After Saying 'I Do'
- Florida Man Rescues Unconscious Woman from Sinking Car in Canal: 'I Jumped in as Quickly as Possible'
- Now panic-buying shoppers form a massive queue outside a Superdrug 'to buy hand sanitiser' as government meets supermarket bosses to make sure UK doesn't run out of food
- Our connected world made coronavirus spread. It may also be what saves us from it
- The Record of Human Rights Violations in the United States in 2019
- Dr. Fauci tells Hannity that Trump administration's coronavirus travel ban saved US concern and suffering
- Lawsuits and labor claims: How the operators of the now-shuttered Curry House chain do business
- Stopping the rot: the fight to save fresh food
- Faster arraignment process is saving money and increasing fairness in Baton Rouge courts, supporters say
- Ill-equipped, ineffective, and struggling for a solution: Donald Trump faces the first real crisis of his presidency - with coronavirus shattering his re-election pitch and shuttering the rallies he loves
Florida Beachgoers Form Human Chain to Save Struggling Swimmer have 371 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 18, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.