SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A group of Sacramento City Unified parents is threatening to sue the district's school board if students don't return full-time before the end of the school year. The legal threat in limbo demands a normal 4- or 5-day in-person class schedule, despite there being only weeks left on the school calendar. READ MORE: 'Don’t Think I’ve Ever Been This Happy Before': Lodi Celebrates First Ever Pride Festival "The kids had learning loss for 13 months," said John Meyers, with SCUSD Students First. "The kids can't lose another week, another month. Every day counts." Meyers is a member of the group that sent a letter to the SCUSD school board. The letter calls distance learning a failure, and argues that schools have a constitutional obligation to offer in-person instruction – among other things. "We feel we do need to get children back to school in some capacity to get kids back in the fall," Meyers said. The district told CBS13 a full return is in the works. "It's our goal to get as many of our students back to in-person learning as quickly as possible," said Tara Gallegos, a spokesperson for Sac City Unified. READ MORE: Ten Years… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Update From Arcadia Unified School District
- Parent resistance thwarts local school desegregation efforts
- Louisiana Supreme Court case puts dozens of charter schools' future in jeopardy
- Slowdown in new charter school openings in Baton Rouge is expected in 2019
- Texas teen is BANNED from his own graduation and suspended from school unless he cuts his dreadlocks
- Area family gives major gift to Community Day School
- What's unique about 2 very different Baton Rouge high schools opening this week?
- British Boarding Schools' Association warns Chinese students could face 'xenophobic abuse' from pupils because of the killer coronavirus infection
- Parents balk at sex education curriculum for fourth graders
- Chinese city 'orders workers to build a dedicated coronavirus hospital in SIX DAYS' in a desperate bid to tackle the deadly outbreak
Group Of Sac City Unified Parents Threaten To Sue School Board For Immediate Full-Time Return have 340 words, post on sacramento.cbslocal.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.