Video Player Close MACAO, April 7 (Xinhua) — Macao’s broad money supply remained virtually stable month on month at 695.8 billion patacas (about 86.8 billion U.S. dollars) in February with a stable share of patacas, the special administrative region’s monetary watchdog said Wednesday. According to the statistics released by the Monetary Authority of Macao, the currency in circulation rose 2.5 percent month on month whereas demand deposits dropped 6.1 percent. M1 thus decreased 4.1 percent from the previous month. Meanwhile, quasi-monetary liabilities increased by 0.5 percent. The sum of these two items, i.e. broad money supply or M2, remained virtually stable at 695.8 billion patacas. On an annual basis, M1 dropped 4.3 percent whereas M2 grew 1.2 percent. The shares of pataca, Hong Kong dollar, renminbi and U.S. dollar in M2 were 34.4 percent, 49.5 percent, 5.1 percent and 9.2 percent respectively. Resident deposits edged down 0.1 percent from the previous month to 676.1 billion patacas while non-resident deposits also dropped 4.3 percent to 344.7 billion patacas. Meanwhile, public sector deposits with the banking sector rose 0.7 percent to 265.1 billion patacas. As a result, total deposits in the banking sector fell by 1.1 percent from a month earlier to… Read full this story
- Industrial, warehousing space leasing up 35 pc in 2021; new supply rises 64%: Report
- Where Did The Money Go? Inside the Big Crypto ICOs of 2017
- IIP growth remains muted at 1.4 pc, consumer inflation jumps to 5.59 pc
- Climate mushrooms into too-big-to-ignore risk for supply chains
- Oil prices climb towards $80 on tight supply, stocks fall
- 22 Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 2022
- Presidents Day Sales 2022: What to Expect in February | Digital Trends
- Union Budget 2022: Renewable energy industry wants stable policy to promote investments
- Why Are States Sitting on Hundreds of Billions in Unspent COVID Relief Money?
- Oil prices explode to highest level in 7 years as Iran-backed attack sparks supply fears
Macao's broad money supply remains stable in February have 287 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.