A National Health Service hospital group has admitted in court the failure to provide safe maternity care to Sarah Richford and her baby son Harry, who died seven days after delivery, in the first prosecution of its kind. Representatives from East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust pleaded guilty to the charge at Folkestone Magistrates' Court on Monday, in relation to the inadequate care at Margate's Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital, which resulted in the "wholly avoidable" death of baby Harry in 2017. Figures from the trust admitted to failing to provide for care and treatment in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, with the Press Association reporting it was the first time a watchdog, the Care Quality Commission, had charged an NHS trust following safety failures. Details of the maternity care of Mrs Richford revealed that there were concerns around Harry's delivery at around 2:05 am on the day he was born but the doctor did not perform the emergency caesarian section until 3:32 am, at which point the boy was, the inquiry found, "to all intents and purposes lifeless". Delays in helping him breathe then resulted in brain damage. Harry died on November 9th,… Read full this story
- NHS hospital in Bristol discharged 213 untested patients and 20 with Covid-19 into care homes, investigation reveals
- Former VA hospital worker pleads guilty to murders of seven veterans
- Former West Virginia Nursing Assistant Pleads Guilty To 7 Murder Counts In Insulin Deaths Of Veterans, Including Westmoreland Co. Man
- Colorado woman pleads guilty in 1996 death of newborn girl
- Jeremy Hunt calls for public inquiry into NHS after baby deaths
- Shropshire baby deaths: Police investigation into hospital trust
- Former West Virginia VA Nursing Assistant Pleads Guilty To Killing Seven Patients
- UK records 739 more coronavirus deaths - taking Britain's official COVID-19 fatality count to 27,510 as experts warn care home crisis won’t peak for MONTHS
- Harrowing moment baby girl is given POISON instead of oxygen moments after birth in horrific blunder that left her permanently brain damaged - as her parents break their silence on mix-up that 'ruined their lives'
- Mum pleading for help funding 'boob reduction' for her 11-year-old son
NHS Hospital Pleads Guilty over Baby Death in Prosecution First have 358 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.