Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said he had tried to contact Prime Minister Narendra Modi on phone regarding the oxygen supply for the state but the PM was not available since he was busy campaigning for the West Bengal elections. Speaking to industrialists and representatives of trade bodies like FICCI and CII via video conferencing, the CM also said the Centre was cooperating with the Maharashtra government. Earlier in the day, Union minister Piyush Goyal had attacked Uddhav Thackeray on the issue of availability of oxygen in the state, saying that Maharashtra has so far received the highest quantity of oxygen in India and the Centre is in regular touch with state governments to assess their needs. “Maharashtra is suffering from an inept and corrupt government and the Centre is doing its best for the people. People of Maharashtra are following ‘Majha Kutumb, Majhi Javabadari’ dutifully. It is time the CM (chief minister) also follows his duties in the spirit of ‘Majha Rajya, Majhi Javabadari’,” the commerce and industry minister said. Meanwhile, Thackeray appealed to the industrial sector to plan a COVID-appropriate work-style to ensure that the economy is not impacted in case of a “third wave of… Read full this story
- Harder’s abortion stance, seen in 2017 video, becomes an issue in congressional campaign
- West Bengal Panchayat Polls: When SC Became BJP Vs Mamata Govt Battle Zone [With Courtroom Exchange]
- More than 20 DeSantis campaign donors now advise him on important policy decisions
- The Poor People’s Campaign pulled up a chair and asked Gov. Bevin to listen. He did.
- Gavin Newsom made these 10 promises on the campaign trail. Let’s see if he can keep them
- Mattis for president? Grass-roots campaign takes root on Richland official’s lawn
- Trump says he will call for Justice Department to probe whether FBI surveilled his campaign for ‘political purposes’
- Underfire PM Calls Up Hulk, Claims 'Huge' Brexit Progress
- Steak dinners, travel, HOA fees: How some NC legislators spend campaign donors' money
- Bryan Caforio’s campaign for Congress is a union job
Uddhav dials PM over oxygen issue, told he's campaigning in Bengal have 335 words, post on www.rediff.com at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.