A federal judge has ordered the Department of Justice (DOJ) to release a March 2019 legal memo clearing former President Trump Donald Trump Will Biden provide strategic clarity or further ambiguity on Taiwan? Taliban launches massive offensive after missed deadline for US troop withdrawal Republicans urge probe into Amazon government cloud-computing bid: report MORE of potential obstruction of justice charges following the Mueller investigation, with the judge accusing former Attorney General William Barr and agency lawyers of deceiving the public. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Monday ordered the DOJ to release the legal memo within two weeks in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the liberal watchdog group Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington (CREW). The DOJ had argued in court that the full memo — portions of which have already been released — should be withheld because it falls under exceptions to the public records law for attorney-client privilege and deliberative government decisionmaking. ADVERTISEMENT But Jackson said on Monday that those claims were not consistent with her own review of the unredacted memo or the timeline revealed by internal emails among top Justice Department officials. Jackson, who was appointed to the federal district court in Washington,… Read full this story
- Judge jails ex-Trump campaign chair Manafort ahead of trialYou may also be interested in...
- Judge orders Manafort to jail while awaiting money laundering and fraud trials
- Judge jails ex-Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort ahead of trial
- ICC orders release of DR Congo 'warlord'
- Judge jails ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort ahead of trial
- Judge jails ex-Trump campaign chairman ahead of trial
- Judge Jails Ex-Trump Campaign Chair Manafort
- Judge orders Mueller probe to turn over names of European politicians in alleged Manafort scheme
- Judge orders EPA to disclose any science backing up Pruitt’s climate claims
- Judge orders Mueller to identify unnamed figures in Manafort indictment
Judge orders release of Trump obstruction memo, accuses Barr of being 'disingenuous' have 301 words, post on thehill.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.