The UNSC heard reports by UN Under-Secretary-General for Political and Peace-building Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo and UN Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Ursula Mueller. Many speakers expressed concern over prolonged violence and conflicts between Israel and Palestine, leaving thousands of people dead, including women and children. A majority of opinions called on Israel to immediately end settlement activities in the occupied West Bank, including the East Jerusalem. The UN and countries affirmed that such activities are a serious violation of international law as mentioned in the UNSC's Resolution No.2234 in 2016. Meanwhile, the economic crisis, the lack of medicines, electricity and clean water continue impacting lives of Palestinians in Gaza Strip. About 70 percent of Palestinian women living in the area are unemployed. Over the past years, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), the UN Development Program and the World Bank have conducted humanitarian activities, generating tens of thousands of jobs in the Gaza Strip. A number of delegates asked Israel to immediately end restrictions on travel and trade in Gaza Strip. The UN and countries affirmed their consistent support for the two-State solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and for the pre-1967 borders,… Read full this story
- Iran: US Blames Us for ‘Horrors’ of Its Own Creation Across Middle East
- CSTO adopts statement on Middle East, North Africa and Afghanistan
- US playing with fire in the Middle East
- ‘Russia is the kingmaker in the Middle East,’ French professor Gilles Kepel says
- Trump to Chair UN Security Council Meeting on Iran
- 'Two-bit' EU 'mobsters': How UK tabloids cover the Brexit debate
- U.S. pulls back troops in northeast Syria, opening way to Turkish attack
- Follow live updates as Trump chairs UN Security Council meeting
- US in Syria: Repeating the same mistakes as in Vietnam?
- Serena Williams US Open final furore: The key questions still unanswered
Vietnam chairs UNSC open debate on Middle East situation have 304 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.