PHNOM PENH (Xinhua): Cambodian Minister of Public Works and Transport Sun Chanthol said Monday (June 21) that the construction of the Chinese-invested Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville Expressway has gone full steam despite the Covid-19 pandemic and is expected to be completed ahead of schedule. Invested by China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), the US$2-billion expressway will connect the capital city of Phnom Penh and the deep-sea port province of Preah Sihanouk in the country’s southwestern part. The construction of the expressway began in March 2019 and is scheduled to be completed in March 2023. It is believed that the firm will be able to finish the project by September 2022, Chanthol said, according to the live broadcast on the ministry’s official Facebook page. “So far, about 55 per cent of the construction has been completed,” he told reporters during a visit to a stretch of the road in Kampong Speu province. At a width of 24.5m two lanes on either side, vehicles can travel at a speed of 100 km per hour, so it will take only two hours to travel between the two destinations, compared with five hours at present, he said. The minister added that the road will play a… Read full this story
- What to expect from expressway concession?
- New international airport backed by Chinese investors to boost Cambodia's economy, tourism, says PM Hun Sen
- What To Expect from Modi-Kishida Summit
- Ties with South Africa, Cambodia highlighted
- Three expressways in the making to boost Central Highlands development
- Cambodia ready to set up COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing plant
- Cambodia announces less than 100 Covid-19 cases on Sunday (March 20)
- HCMC - Dong Nai expressway parallel route unfinished after 5 years
- IMAX Back On Track In China With “The Eight Hundred,” Theater Reopenings: Forbes China Forum
- Vietnam, Laos to speed up strategic cooperation projects
Cambodia-China expressway project expected to be ready ahead of schedule have 289 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.