RUSSIA has boasted it dropped bombs and fired warning shots towards a British warship – but UK defence officials deny the incident ever happened. Moscow claimed a Russian patrol ship and warplane were scrambled after Royal Navy destroyer HMS Defender crossed into its territorial waters near Crimea in the Black Sea. The Ministry of Defence however outright denies the claims – and stated the 8,500 ton warship was simply conducting an “innocent passage” through Ukrainian waters. It is latest clash between the West and Russia in the Black Sea, which has been the staging ground for numerous confrontations between warships and warplanes. Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said: “This morning, HMS Defender carried out a routine transit from Odesa towards Georgia across the Black Sea. "As is normal for this route, she entered an internationally recognised traffic separation corridor. She exited that corridor safely at 0945 BST. “As is routine, Russian vessels shadowed her passage and she was made aware of training exercises in her wider vicinity.” However, Russian state media reports a much more dramatic version of events in the latest war of words between London and Moscow. Putin’s defence ministry claims the Type-45 crossed Russia’s maritime border near Cape… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson says Britain can 'turn the tide' on coronavirus within 12 weeks - but pleads with Londoners to stay out of bars and cafes and admits infections WILL go up
- UK coronavirus lockdown IS on the way: Ministers warn Britons WILL face Europe-style curbs with pub closures, over-70s ordered to stay inside for months, £1,000 fines and detention for refusing quarantine as Boris Johnson starts daily crisis briefings
- D-day anniversary: Britain's Normandy veterans gather for last time
- London will get a 12-hour warning before lockdown: Police could guard supermarkets, helicopters scramble to airdrop rations and only ONE person allowed out at a time if crisis spirals in UK's coronavirus epicentre
- Russia bombs militants after Aleppo 'chlorine' attack
- Boy hero, 16, who tended to wounded woman on beach despite being hit and watching three members of his family die is finally reunited with his mother in Britain
- UK must go into coronavirus LOCKDOWN: Boris Johnson orders Brits to work from home, keep out of pubs and clubs and tells the whole country to stop all 'non-essential' social contact
- 'This action can seriously aggravate the situation in the region.' Vladimir Putin uses emergency call to Emmanuel Macron to blast Donald Trump's drone strike on Iran's terror chief
- Boris Johnson pledges 'game-changing' coronavirus antibody kit could be within sight amid row over testing shambles as nurses 'are told to return to work BEFORE getting the all-clear'
- Getting Out Of Afghanistan
Russia boasts it ‘fired warning shots and dropped BOMBS’ at Royal Navy warship – but Britain slaps down claims have 431 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.