The greatest movie musicals of all time (and where you can watch them) Ever since Al Jolson enthused that “you ain’t heard nuthin’ yet” in 1927’s The Jazz Singer , the musical has been a staple of cinema. From Singing in the Rain to last year's star-studded The Prom , movies and music have often been a marriage made in heaven. Yes, there have been some missteps and high-profile misfires along the way (think the 1980 Neil Diamond-starring remake of The Jazz Singer or 2019's much-reviled Cats ), but there are many examples that show just what a transformative and emotional experience the movie-musical can be. To celebrate the arrival in Kiwi cinemas of the hotly anticipated adaptation of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Broadway hit In the Heights , Stuff to Watch has come up with this list of what we consider to be the greatest flicks-with-tunes of all time (and where you can watch them). READ MORE: Eight great movies that are now 40 years old (and where you can watch them) Oscar-nominated Pinocchio among eight great films at this year’s Cinema Italiano Crazy Celine Dion-inspired ‘biopic’ headlines French Film Festival Aotearoa 2021 Beauty and the Beast (Disney+) It’s hard to… Read full this story
- What a glorious feeling: The 31 best dance scenes in movies
- Review: THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, How Can Something So Wrong Feel So Right?
- Watch: Mark Romanek Directs the Justin Timberlake Filthy Music Video
- Stream Classic Warner Bros. Movies With FilmStruck
- Star Trek: Every Movie And TV Show, Ranked Worst To Best
- A review of 2018's best movie so far
- Lucasfilm Celebrates Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie's 10th Anniversary
- The 10 Best '90s Monster Movies
- Listen to John Carpenter's Eerie New Theme Music for Shudder
- The Morning Watch: Pixar Short Films Vol. 3 Easter Eggs, 'The Greatest Showman' Reimagined & More
The greatest movie musicals of all time (and where you can watch them) have 296 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.