The 78th Venice Film Festival will this year award a Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement to American actress Jamie Lee Curtis . The ceremony will take place on September 8 at the Sala Grande before the out-of-competition world premiere screening of David Gordon Green's Halloween Kills . Venice runs September 1-11 on the Lido. Halloween Kills is the follow-up to 2018's Halloween , which saw Curtis reprise her iconic role as Laurie Strode and took over $250M worldwide to become the highest-grossing chapter in the four-decade franchise. From Universal Pictures, Miramax, Blumhouse Productions and Trancas International Films, Halloween Kills starts global rollout on October 14 via Universal. The official trailer was released last week (check it out here ). Said Curtis of the Lifetime Achievement, "I am incredibly humbled to be honored in this way by the Venice International Film Festival. It seems impossible to me that I've been in this industry long enough to be receiving 'Lifetime Achievement' recognition, and to have it happen now, with Halloween Kills , is particularly meaningful to me. Halloween — and my partnership with Laurie Strode — launched and sustained my career, and to have these films evolve into a new franchise that… Read full this story
- Sophia Loren, 85, looks radiant as her son Carlo Ponti Jr presents her with the lifetime achievement award at the European Culture Awards in Vienna
- TWA85: 'The world's longest and most spectacular hijacking'
- The io9 Guide to Slasher Movie Monsters
- Anthony Michael Hall to play famous kid Tommy Doyle in the next
- We watched all eight
- The scariest horror films ever – ranked!
- Please Don't Make Another
- Look Ahead: The hottest Seattle events for November 2019
- Why I’m no longer talking to white people about race
- ‘Hart to Hart’ star Stefanie Powers says she and Robert Wagner ‘held each other up’ after partners’ deaths
Venice Sets ‘Halloween Kills’ World Premiere; Jamie Lee Curtis To Receive Lifetime Achievement Golden Lion have 299 words, post on deadline.com at June 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.