In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- 'Bella' producer says THR put film on radar
- Experts ID 25 US Counties Most at Risk of Measles Outbreaks
- An Ebola Vaccine Gets Its First Real-World Test
- Anti-Vaccine Movement Joins Ebola, Drug Resistance on List of Top Global Threats
- Internet companies failing to fight vaccine misinformation spread on social media platforms
- How long do vaccines last? The surprising answers may help protect people longer
- The Man Who Says Science Blew Its Best Shot at an AIDS Vaccine
- Newsom, Feinstein lead for California governor and Senate in new poll
- From autism risks to mercury poisoning, here are 10 lies anti-vaxxers are spreading about the measles vaccine
- Can teenagers get vaccinated without their parents’ permission?
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 302 words, post on deadline.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.