The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) confirmed that Stokes has decided to take an indefinite break from all cricket with immediate effect. Stokes has been captaining the Northern Superchargers in the inaugural Hundred competition but he will not be in the England side to face India when a five-match series starts next week. “Ben has shown tremendous courage to open up about his feelings and wellbeing.” pic.twitter.com/6HmEzmCxvw — England Cricket (@englandcricket) July 30, 2021 Craig Overton will replace the vice-captain in the squad to take on Virat Kohli’s side. Managing director of England men’s Cricket Ashley Giles, said: “Ben has shown tremendous courage to open up about his feelings and wellbeing. “Our primary focus has always been and will continue to be the mental health and welfare of all of our people. The demands on our athletes to prepare and play elite sport are relentless in a typical environment, but the ongoing pandemic has acutely compounded this. VVS Laxman highlights areas Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri need to address in England “Spending significant amounts of time away from family, with minimal freedoms, is extremely challenging. The cumulative effect of operating almost continuously in these environments over the last 16 months… Read full this story
- England vs Australia 4th Test Ashes 2019: Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- ICC faces ire of Sachin Tendulkar's fans for calling Ben Stokes 'greatest cricketer of all time'
- Michael Vaughan Requests UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson To Give Ben Stokes "His Knighthood"
- England star Ben Stokes brands reporting of family tragedy 'immoral' and 'heartless'
- Ben Stokes heroics in Ashes: Check out six other finest fourth innings knocks
- Ashes 2019: Ben Stokes is the 'Special One' for England cricket, says Ian Botham
- Ben Stokes's stunning century sees England to one-wicket win in Ashes thriller
- England vs Australia, 3rd Ashes Test: Preview, where to watch live telecast, possible XI and betting odds
- Cric It with Ayaz | Rise of Indian pace bowlers is the story of the millennium; Ben Stokes has infused life into Test cricket
- IPL auction: R Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane, Ben Stokes among marquee players
England vs India: Ben Stokes to take indefinite break from the game have 342 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.