Police in Milwaukee said Monday five individuals arrested in connection with a July 5 incident involving explosives that injured two officers have been charged for their alleged involvement. The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office issued the criminal charges, which range from possession of an improvised explosive device to recklessly endangering safety, on July 10, according to the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD). On July 5, the MPD issued a news release that said officers were investigating after what they described at the time as a “powerful pyrotechnic” was thrown at officers. The device was thrown in the direction of two male officers and detonated east of the Milwaukee River along the 1200 block of North Water Street, police said. According to the MPD, the detonation was strong enough to cause the airbags within the officers’ squad car to deploy. The officers, aged 40 and 45, were taken to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the July 5 release. A second release, issued on Monday, said the officers were treated and sent home to finish recovering. At the time of the MPD’s July 5 news release, officers said they were investigating the incident but had not yet identified any suspects. By… Read full this story
- What's the Differences Between a City Police Officer and a Sheriff? What are Their Powers?
- Are Military Police Above Civilian Police Officers?
- Increase Your Chances of Getting Out of a Traffic Ticket, Written by a Former Police Officer
- New York City Police Officer's Death Related To 9/11 Work Exposure
- Requirements For Becoming A Police Officer
- Former police officer reveals how he found the dumped torso of a young mother after she was murdered by a cannibal killer who chopped off and ate her legs
- Wearing Your Seat Belt, From A Police Officer's Perspective
- How To Find Out If You Have A Warrant For Arrest
- Gestures You Can Perform to Avoid A Police Stop
- How To Always Defend Yourself Against The Police When Stopped
Five arrested after explosives thrown at police officers, injuring two have 313 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 12, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.