Intel said on Monday its factories will start building Qualcomm chips and laid out a roadmap to expand its new foundry business to catch rivals such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC) and Samsung by 2025. Amazon will be another new customer for the foundry chip business, said Intel , which for decades held the lead in technology for manufacturing the smallest, fastest computing chips. But Intel has lost that lead to TSMC and Samsung , whose manufacturing services have helped Intel’s rivals Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Nvidia produce chips that outperform Intel’s. AMD and Nvidia design chips which then are made by the rival chip manufacturers, called foundries. Qualcomm’s New CEO Cristiano Amon Eyes Dominance in the Laptop Markets Intel said on Monday it expects to regain its lead by 2025 and described five sets of chipmaking technologies it will roll out over the next four years. The most advanced use Intel’s first new design in a decade for transistors, the tiny switches that translate to digital ones and zeros. Starting as early as 2025, it will also tap a new generation of machines from the Netherlands’ ASML that use what is called extreme ultraviolet lithography, which projects… Read full this story
- If Intel Builds A Fab In The U.S. It Should Focus On Developing Its Foundry Business Model
- GlobalFoundries To Build Secure Chips For Defense Department In Upstate New York
- TSMC’s Announcement Of A New U.S. Semiconductor Fab Is Big News
- Under The Hood Of Intel’s New Foundry Strategy
- SMIC’s New 7nm Chip Should Worry West — But There’s A Way Out
- Qualcomm is plotting a return to server market with new chip
- Samsung Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong attends groundbreaking ceremony at Giheung Campus
- Tech: CHIPS Act will transform global semiconductor industry
- Third Point’s Proposal To Intel Won’t Restore American Leadership In Microelectronics Manufacturing
- Congress Is Giving Billions To The U.S. Semiconductor Industry. Will It Ease Chip Shortages?
Intel to Build Qualcomm Chips, Aims to Catch Foundry Rivals TSMC and Samsung by 2025 have 319 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.