PETALING JAYA: The King can direct Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin to call an immediate Parliament sitting without waiting for the special five-day meeting slated to start on July 26, says Pakatan Harapan. “In these circumstances (loss of support from Umno), it is incumbent on the Prime Minister to tender his resignation and that of the Cabinet unless he requests the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to dissolve Parliament pursuant to Article 43(4) of the Federal Constitution. “Upon failure by Muhyiddin to tender his resignation, the Yang diPertuan Agong may direct the Prime Minister to convene an immediate Parliament sitting without waiting till July 26 to table a motion of confidence to prove he enjoys the support of the majority of the members of Parliament, ” Pakatan’s legal committee said in a statement on Friday (July 9). The committee opined that if Muhyiddin does not do so, the King has the power to dismiss him and appoint another MP who enjoys the support of the majority as prime minister. Dewan Rakyat is to convene for a special five-day meeting this coming July 26 to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic situation. Also on the table during the meeting is the Emergency Proclamation and… Read full this story
- Tiger King Director Admits "Joe Is a Racist"
- 'Tiger King': O.J. Simpson's Wild Take on Netflix Series, Carole Baskin Lights up Twitter
- 'Leadsom went off like a firework': Inside the seething Cabinet meeting where furious Tory Brexiteers slammed 'kamikaze' Remainer 'saboteurs' after May pulled a screeching U-turn to say Brexit CAN be delayed
- Coronavirus latest: More than 500,000 cases as WHO says pandemic is 'accelerating at an exponential rate'
- Queen 'remains in good health' after Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus: Palace releases new pictures of monarch, 93, on the phone to the PM in move to calm fears for her and Prince Philip
- Australian PM: Tony Abbott was once too drunk for Parliament
- Coronavirus Australia: PM announces six-month moratorium on evictions as renters and landlords pushed to breaking point
- 'He would still be alive if there was more testing': Family of first British medic to die from coronavirus says he was a 'sitting duck' because he had no idea if his patients had the disease
- Wrongly implemented coronavirus quarantine preventing medical staff treating patients, doctor says
- Tiger King and a bloody mary: Hilary Mantel, Simon Armitage and other writers on lockdown life
King can direct PM to call for immediate Parliament sitting, says Pakatan Harapan have 383 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 9, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.