To read more about migration, visit migrationinindia.com The heart-rending migrant crisis after the first lockdown captured people's imagination, compelling policy-makers to make certain provisions for them in the schemes announced for the assistance of the poor. The migrants' crisis after the second wave was a silent one. While it was partly moderated by the continued operation of public transport, it nevertheless affected millions of migrants. It also came on the back of the first crisis, where the same workers who have suffered since the initial lockdown were confronted with a second spell of distress return migration and unemployment. Yet this crisis is only a part, albeit an important one, of the recurrent crises affecting the lives of the vast majority of informal workers, greatly deepened by the pandemic and policies that have followed it. On June 29, the Supreme Court finally delivered its judgment on the plight of the migrant labour, also providing a kind of stocktaking of how little things had changed for them in the intervening period. The judgment was limited in scope, confined to the framework of existing social security schemes, but it was notable for two main reasons. First, it recognised that there was large-scale exclusion… Read full this story
- Billionaires Petition for Cheaper Workers, DACA Amnesty
- READ: President Trump's State of the Union address
- Full Text: President Donald Trump’s 2020 State of the Union Speech
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's exaggerated 'great American comeback'
- White House Officially Responds To Pelosi Ripping Up Trump’s Speech
- BREAKING: Pelosi Suggests She Was Going To Do Something Much Worse Than Rip Up Speech
- Lawsuit Alleges Anti-American Bias by Indian Managers in U.S. Workplaces
- Read the full text of Donald Trump's 2020 State of the Union as he makes his case for re-election, lashing out at 'socialists' and saying: 'The best is yet to come!'
- 'It was the courteous thing to do - considering the alternative!' Nancy Pelosi defends tearing up State of the Union calling Donald Trump's speech 'DIRTY' after he started by snubbing her handshake
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s exaggerated ‘great American comeback’
Migrant and informal workers must have social security have 342 words, post on indianexpress.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.