USATSI The Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-4 ( box score ), and with the win the Dodgers clinched a spot in the 2021 postseason. The Dodgers’ playoff assurances come one night after the rival San Francisco Giants became the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season. The Dodgers and Giants have never met in the postseason, but this year could change that. The runner-up in the NL West will go in as the the heavy favorite in the wild card game, and the winner of that game will advance to face the top seed in the NL, which will likely be the NL West champ. Speaking of the NL West race, the Dodgers at 93-53 trail the Giants, winners of nine in a row, by 2 1/2 games. The stakes are high, as each juggernaut would very much prefer to avoid the hazards of a one-and-done wild card game. If the Dodgers are able to catch and pass the Giants, then they’ll win their ninth straight division title. Either way, their nine consecutive trips to the postseason is a franchise record. Regardless of how the division race plays out, the Dodgers will… Read full this story
- Joe Torre, Dodgers clinch playoff spot
- Week 8 MLB Power Rankings: Diamondbacks and Brewers ride hot weeks into top 10; Giants & Reds slip
- Roy Halladay of Phillies becomes only pitcher since Don Larsen to throw MLB postseason no-hitter
- Knicks clinch spot in NBA playoffs for first time since 2004 with 123-107 win over Cleveland Cavs
- Just Like That, The Dodgers Are In Control
- Brewers' Trent Grisham joins dubious list of postseason blunders
- MLB Expansion Is Probably Inevitable, But Where And When?
- MLB Playoffs Daily: Braves-Cards, Nats-Dodgers move into spotlight
- MLB Playoffs Daily -- Braves-Cardinals, Nationals-Dodgers move into spotlight - ESPN
- Red hot World Series: Justin Turner, Clayton Kershaw lead Dodgers to Game 1 win over Astros
Dodgers clinch spot in 2021 MLB postseason after win over Diamondbacks have 305 words, post on www.cbssports.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.