(Reuters) – Paris St Germain have been labelled as the side to beat in the Champions League since Lionel Messi joined during the close season but coach Mauricio Pochettino warned that he had not yet turned his stellar cast of players into a team. PSG signed Messi as a free agent from Barcelona to assemble a formidable attacking trio with France striker Kylian Mbappe and Brazil forward Neymar, but they have yet to show what they are capable of together. “We’re not a team yet. We are a club that has recruited many players this summer. There are some big names but we have to turn into a team,” Pochettino told a news conference on Tuesday on the eve of their opening Group A game at Club Brugge. “We are a group of players who need to achieve results. There’s a feeling that we’re (PSG and Chelsea) the two teams to beat but Chelsea are the holders so they’re the team to beat especially after strengthening their squad.” Captain Marquinhos said that there was “no added pressure” to win the Champions League since Messi had signed his two-year contract in a summer when former Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos and… Read full this story
- Column: Thai soccer team rescue shows best of human spirit
- Rescued Thai Soccer Team Hits L.A., Bring On Hollywood!
- Members Of U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Love Each Other Like Sisters And All That Shit
- What I learned about resilience from the Thai soccer team rescue
- These haunting images show Brazilian soccer team hours before they died in plane crash
- Rain, high water complicate search for Thai soccer team
- Say Hello To The German Soccer Team’s Secret Weapon
- Thai youth soccer team leaves hospital
- One Month After Promised Solutions, Women's Pro Soccer Team Still Doesn't Have Running Water
- Haiti's National Soccer Team Seek Tents for Home
Soccer - We're not even a team yet, says PSG coach Pochettino have 308 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.