Evening briefing: Today’s essential headlines ‘It’s great to be home’ | The US Open champion Emma Raducanu has returned home to south London, posing for touching pictures with her father five days after her historic triumph. See the images here . Covid | Woman held for hours for not wearing face mask at Waitrose ‘Cyprus shame on you’ | Appeal for woman accused of gang rape lie Scotland | Crisis-hit NHS offering ‘third-world’ service Watch | Scottish health secretary takes a tumble off his scooter Media | Piers Morgan signs up for Rupert Murdoch’s new channel The big story: Dorries plans war on ‘crackpot’ shows It was already striking that a Conservative MP who once attacked comedians as “Left-wing snowflakes who are killing comedy” and took aim at the “hypocritical” BBC is the new Culture Secretary. Now Nadine Dorries, after being promoted in Wednesday’s Cabinet reshuffle, is set to declare war on the BBC and “crackpot” programmes paid for by the licence fee, a minister has suggested. Ben Wallace said Ms Dorries, who is a bestselling author and written more than a dozen books, had a better understanding of what British people want to read and watch than the BBC…. Read full this story
- ITV 'planning business-themed reality show' to rival Lord Sugar's BBC hit The Apprentice
- Is It Too Soon for Covid-19 TV Shows?
- Susan Rice Talks Watching Trump Ditch Her Pandemic Response Plans on ‘The Daily Show’
- Coronavirus UK news LIVE: Boris Johnson fears second wave in TWO WEEKS as deaths hit 45,878
- Coronavirus UPDATES: UK official death toll rises by 83 amid warnings of second wave
- Falklands war 30 years on and how it turned Thatcher into a world celebrity
- Brooklyn Beckham, 21, and fiancée Nicola Peltz, 25, are 'planning a Jewish wedding with his family set to make millions'... as ex Lexy Panterra claims he's 'TOO immature' for marriage
- Coronavirus latest news: Deaths toll passes 56,000 data shows as Covid-19 ‘here forever’ Oxford professor says
- Friday briefing: Free flu jabs for over-50s as mask rule begins
- How Harry and Meghan considered ambushing the Queen: Couple's plan to dash from airport for showdown with the Queen, 94, immediately after landing in UK from Canada is revealed in new book
Thursday evening UK news briefing: Nadine Dorries plans war on 'crackpot' TV shows have 358 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.