USATSI Week 9 was the final chance for the top tier teams in the sport to make their respective cases ahead of the first reveal of the College Football Playoff Rankings on Tuesday night, and a few teams were in the spotlight more than others. No. 5 Ohio State needed a string of late field goals to outlast No. 20 Penn State in one of the more surprising matchups of the weekend. No. 8 Michigan State, meanwhile, used a massive effort from star running back Kenneth Walker III to top in-state rival No. 6 Michigan and create a legitimate playoff case. Elsewhere, one of the SEC’s signature programs jumped on a young upstart and ended a dark-horse Heisman case. The list of unbeatens fell by two. And, perhaps surprisingly, the ACC has an overwhelming new favorite after No. 17 Pitt fell. Eight new teams joined the pile of ranked teams to lose, with five of them falling to unranked opponents (with two ranked teams currently in action at time of writing). Now more than ever, surviving and advancing will be rewarded. Here are winners, losers and overreactions from an action-packed Week 9 of college football . Winners Georgia: For all… Read full this story
- What We Learned About College Football in the Past Season
- How Long Can Oklahoma Be College Football Playoff’s Bridesmaid?
- How Long Can Oklahoma Be the Bridesmaid of College Football?
- Will the Rose Bowl Stand in the Way of a Bigger College Football Playoff?
- Opinion: Alabama, Clemson win again, but it feels as if College Football Playoff is losing
- College football notebook: Hurts not in awe of Oklahoma QB tradition
- College Football deserves better than semifinal slaughters
- Ranking the last 15 national champions in college football
- Saban, Swinney rebuke suggestion Alabama-Clemson is bad for college football
- It’s Time To Fix The Broken College Football Playoff System With This One Easy Trick
College football winners, losers, overreactions for Week 9: Georgia cements status as playoff rankings near have 302 words, post on www.cbssports.com at October 31, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.