Thousands of pages of internal Facebook documents have been released showing employees’ anger over the incitement of violence on the social network and how Apple threatened to remove the app due to concerns about abuse. The documents were obtained by former Facebook data scientist-turned-whistleblower Frances Haugen who is facing MPs today as they scrutinise the UK government’s plans to crack down on harmful online content. She gave evidence to the US Senate earlier this month about the danger she says Facebook poses, from harming children to inciting political violence and fuelling misinformation. Facebook whistleblower explains why Instagram is ‘more dangerous’ than other platforms – Frances Haugen’s testimony as it happened Here, Sky News looks at the key revelations from the Facebook documents which were provided to Congress in redacted form by Ms Haugen’s legal team and were obtained by a consortium of news organisations. Advertisement • Facebook and Instagram were nearly pulled from Apple’s app store Apple threatened to pull Facebook and Instagram from its app store over concerns that the platform was being used as a tool to trade and sell maids. The technology giant issued the threat two years ago, citing examples of pictures of maids and their… Read full this story
- Apple Backtracks On InfoWars, Will Not Remove App From App Store
- Apple has removed Infowars podcasts from iTunes
- 'Am I at risk of being hacked?' What you need to know about the 'Vault 7' documents
- Why are Amazon, Google, Facebook and Apple facing antitrust issues?
- New leaks of Iranian cyber-espionage operations hit Telegram and the Dark Web
- Apple denies iPhones are ‘a national security threat’ to China
- Social network app that claims to screen for sexual offenders gives VIP status to one
- Beyond surveillance: what could happen if Apple loses to the FBI
- Boy, 8, has surgery to remove grains from knees after 'stepfather punished him'
- How Facebook plans to take over the world
Facebook: Leaked documents show Apple's threat to remove app over 'sale of maids' have 312 words, post on news.sky.com at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.