Good morning. I made a quesadilla the other day: ham and Swiss cheese with some mango salsa I had in the fridge, with sour cream and Jamaican hot sauce. I took my time making it, too, cooking the tortillas slowly in butter so they crisped and pillowed, flipping them back and forth a few times before I fished the package out of the pan to rest for a moment, then cut it in eighths. My wife grew impatient and asked: "What is that, a slow-food quesadilla?" Maybe? (Give it a try yourself.) I like the process of cooking as much as I do the culture of serving food and the joy of consuming it. I like watching flavors develop as the colors and textures of ingredients change, the way butter goes brown and nutty, how cheese melts, how fat renders. I like how that takes time. You could make these garlicky chicken thighs with scallion and lime (above) in a little more than 30 minutes. But I can stretch the endeavor to nearly an hour and often do, cooking the chicken carefully to create burnished, golden-brown skin, then lingering with the garlic for longer than the recipe calls for, so… Read full this story
- Foodprint app allows buyers on a budget access to food that would have been wasted
- ‘Finally’ Cadbury launches its first ever plant-based chocolate bar - ‘the wait is over’
- Growing food at home – the ultimate step-by-step guide
- The 10 best hawker stalls to try at Golden Mile Food Centre
- ‘Great for statement pieces’: Kate Middleton has ‘rare’ emerald cut ring worth £25,000
- Tyson Fury: Heavyweight champion worth millions more after fight with Deontay Wilder
- 10 episodes that will help you talk NCIS with your mom
- New Yorkers can order alcohol for take-out because of coronavirus, but is an at-home-happy hour worth it?
- [Advertorial] New Eye treatment Remedy that Reverses Glaucoma, Cataracts and Improves Vision In Few weeks!
- Get a free Domino’s pizza this weekend - here’s how
Food That’s Worth Waiting For have 329 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.