Jason Blum has become one of the go-to producers when it comes to horror movies, and Blumhouse has a number of big movies currently in development. As you would expect, when it comes to the dark side of cinema there is one author’s work that any horror producer wants on their slate; Stephen King . While Blumhouse is currently producing a new adaptation of King’s Firestarter and Christine , Jason Blum recently revealed that there is one of the master of horror’s novels that he wished he could have developed, and that would be the 1979 story, The Dead Zone . Like many of King’s best known novels, The Dead Zone has already been brought to screens in two previous iterations. David Cronenberg’s 1983 movie featured a stellar performance by Christopher Walken in the lead role of Johnny Smith, a man who suffers a near fatal car accident that puts him in a coma for five years, and as a result of brain damage, he awakes with the ability to see a person’s future when he touches them. In addition to the film, the novel also provided the premise for the 2002, six-season series that saw Anthony Michael Hall take… Read full this story
- Full list of winners from the 2019 Emmy Awards
- Every Colin Farrell Movie Performance, Ranked
- Netflix: The 44 Absolute Best Movies to Watch
- And Your 2021 Eisner Nominations Are...
- 31 Movies to Watch This Summer
- SDCC 2021's Eisner Award Winners: Klan Smashing, Rabbit Samurai, & More
- De bedste gysere i 2022: De absolut mest uhyggelige gyserfilm i øjeblikket
- ‘The Sandman’: Neil Gaiman’s Twisted Dark Fantasy Is Finally Brought (Almost) to Life
- 13 reasons why horror films are the best kind of films
- JK Rowling is 'feeling very sick' after learning 'horrifying' news that Salman Rushdie has been stabbed and says: 'Let him be OK'
Stephen King's The Dead Zone Is on Jason Blum's Reboot Wish List have 296 words, post on movieweb.com at October 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.