Yannick Carrasco is a name that is largely forgotten in circles outside of Belgium, and his adopted home of Madrid, these days. Once upon a time, he was one of Belgium’s brightest stars at the high-point of their golden generation. Belgium were widely tipped to make it far in most international tournaments boasting stars such as Kevin de Bruyn and Eden Hazard But, Carrasco, at the peak of his powers, opted to move to China for a couple of seasons in 2018 before he returned to Atletico Madrid in 2020. And during his time at Dalian Yifang, it was rumoured that Carrasco was earning around £180,000-per-week. Dalian Yifang shocked the footballing world when they brought Carrasco over to the Chinese Super League in 2018. Dalian had just been promoted to the CSL, but they still managed to pull Carrasco from the upper echelons of European football to the Chinese top flight. Carrasco struggled during his time in China, and his side were picked apart 8-0 on his debut by Shanghai SIPG. The Belgian struggled to adapt to life in the Far East, and after two years his bags were packed with Madrid in mind. What do you think of stars… Read full this story
- Michelle Visage EXCLUSIVE: Star only did Big Brother to get RuPaul's Drag Race UK 'on the map'... as she calls Little Mix's Jade Thirlwall her 'little British daughter'
- Revisiting China - Exploring Beijing as a Tourist and Investor
- China Media Booms
- MOVING TO CANADA IS A JOKE...The Economic, Military, and Social Integration of North America
- Why You Shouldn't Buy Into Old Age Stereotypes
- Presenting - Marie Perrotta From the Pegasus Community Project - Reaching for the Stars
- Top 25 Undergraduate Schools
- From Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves to Dictators, Gymnasts, and Orphans - Images of Romanians
- Being in Beijing
- Starting Over In Oakland
Belgium star Yannick Carrasco moved to China aged 25 and earned an absolute fortune have 295 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.