The Ministry of Health on Sunday asked localities and agencies to strengthen epidemiological surveillance to quickly detect and prevent the spread of Omicron, the new SARS-CoV-2 variant. The Ministry of Health has asked localities and agencies to strengthen epidemiological surveillance to quickly detect and prevent the spread of Omicron, the new SARS-CoV-2 variant. The ministry has also proposed that Government suspend international flights to and from a number countries where the strain has been detected, including South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The ministry has said that so far, Vietnam has not yet detected any COVID-19 cases of the new variant. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), Omicron – the B.1.1.529 variant was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24 November 2021. The epidemiological situation there has been characterised by three distinct peaks in reported cases, the latest of which was predominantly the Delta variant. In recent weeks, infections have increased steeply, coinciding with the detection of B.1.1.529 variant. The first known confirmed B.1.1.529 infection was from a specimen collected on 9 November 2021. The Omicron variant is thought to be able to spread five times faster than the Delta variant. On November 25, 2021, WHO announced it was the variant of concern and… Read full this story
- Noi Bai int’l airport asked to reduce number of flights
- All passenger flights halted between localities under social distancing
- Coronavirus: India vs South Africa ODI Series Called Off Due To Coronavirus | Cricket News
- The awful secret of Flight 149: Spies, lies, and ruined lives
- Paris Attacks Kill More Than 100, Police Say; Border Controls Tightened
- Flights to Noi Bai int’l airport asked to be minimised
- Qatar Expresses ‘Regrets’ but Defends Invasive Exams of Women on 10 Flights
- Covid-19: Kiwi tourists in Cook Islands swabbed, asked to stay in their rooms
- 50 days of Indonesia’s partial lockdown. Is it enough for the ‘new normal’?
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 15
Ministry asks for tightened epidemiological surveillance, suspension of some flights from Africa have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.