As a White House adviser in the Trump administration, Jared Kushner took a special interest in the petroleum-rich monarchies of the Persian Gulf. He formed a personal friendship with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. He helped forge ties between Israel and the United Arab Emirates , and backed Emirati rulers in a feud with Qatar. Since the electoral defeat of his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, Mr. Kushner has stayed active in the region through a nonprofit organization he established. Now, in a move that has raised eyebrows among diplomats, investors and ethics watchdogs, Mr. Kushner is trying to raise money from the Persian Gulf states for a new investment firm he has founded. So far, he is having only mixed success. Qatar, whose leaders saw Mr. Kushner as an opponent in the administration, declined to invest in his firm, a person familiar with those conversations said. So did the main Emirati sovereign wealth funds; Emirati rulers saw Mr. Kushner as an ally but questioned his track record in business, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions. But the Saudis are more interested, according to four people briefed on their continuing negotiations. The kingdom's $450 billion… Read full this story
- How Two Convicted Felons Tried Ruining 'Clown Prince' Kushner's Middle East Plan
- Jared Kushner: Palestine Could Botch Peace Deal Like ‘Every Other Opportunity … in Their Existence’
- Jared Kushner Claims He Can Solve Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Because He’s ‘Read 25 Books on It’
- Trump releases long-awaited Middle-East peace plan
- Trump's Middle East peace plan satisfies no one
- Trump Middle East plan: Palestinians reject 'conspiracy'
- Jared Kushner Says He ‘Read 25 Books’ on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and People Are Not Impressed
- Trump Peace Plan Risks Violence, Massive Destabilization in Middle East - US Senator
- Palestinians dismiss Donald Trump's Middle East peace 'Deal of the Century featuring a TUNNEL linking the West Bank and the Gaza Strip as a 'slap'
- Jared Kushner Ignores Israeli Occupation As He Unveils Palestinian Development Plan
Seeking Backers for New Fund, Jared Kushner Turns to Middle East have 322 words, post on www.nytimes.com at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.