Literature lecturer Nguyễn Thị Minh. — Photo nhandan.vn Literature lecturer Nguyễn Thị Minh is also a translator of classic philosophy books. She is co-founder of The Ladder – an academy space for the community. Nhân Dân Cuối Tuần (People’s Weekend) reporter Lý Uyên spoke to her after the release of her latest book translation of Antigone’s Claim by American philosopher Judith Butler. Philosophy is inherently a difficult book to read. Why did you translate this book by Judith Butler? Judith Butler is among the female philosophers that I’m interested in. Last year, I translated and published the book Between Past and Future by Hannah Arendt who was also an author introduced for the first time in Việt Nam. Authors like Arendt and Butler contribute to creating great values that I think Vietnamese people should know about. Arendt is conservative and Butler is radical, however, they have a lot of interesting things in common. One of my motivations is to introduce these outstanding female philosophers and their ideology to the Vietnamese. Women can also discuss things like literature and philosophy in addition to love, family, and home life. One of my friends in the US, a professor teaching gender studies, agreed with me that Butler’s book is very difficult. I used to spend two years just reading one of her… Read full this story
- Nobel prize for literature goes to author of 'poetic adventure'
- Herta Müller takes Nobel prize for literature
- Storms and solitude: the literature of lighthouses
- The 10 best cycling books
- Books to broaden your horizons, by Hilary Mantel, Simon Schama, Lisa Taddeo and more
- Book about President Hồ Chí Minh released in English
- Multi-language website offers free picture books on COVID-19 for children of the world
- The Best Way to Read John le Carré’s George Smiley Books
- Book World: Samanta Schweblin's 'Little Eyes' envisions a world connected - and sometimes torn apart - by tiny, adorable gadgets
- Around the world in eight books
Literature lecturer chooses philosophy book to translate have 328 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.