Restaurants have had a solid bounce back year so far in 2021. Judging by the most recent data, which does not yet include November and December, sales at restaurants in Lafayette Parish topped last year's pandemic-plagued sales slump and will very likely top 2019's sales totals. But more restaurants open each year, which means many locations — for various reasons — are forced t0 close. The ones that did not fare well, according to one report, were the ones who relied on customers in an urban setting and the ones who featured buffet-style dining. Others have faced other challenges, including lack of workforce or a lack of supplies. About 90,000 restaurants have closed during the pandemic, Fortune magazine reported, putting about 5.9 million people out of work. Here's a list of some of the restaurants that closed in the Lafayette area this year: Toot Toot's Kitchen in Youngsville: This one was a bit of a surprise. The Youngsville restaurant that specialized in home-cooked meals opened in 2018, and owner Ashley Higginbotham added another 900 square feet. The second year, 2019, was a good one, she said. But in August Toot Toot's announced on Aug. 6 it would close that day. The Facebook… Read full this story
- This pasta chef was shocked by Bay Area restaurant prices. So he opened an affordable pasta spot.
- Ashburn Restaurant Inspections: Mouse Droppings, Fruit Flies
- Ex-Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to open controversial Bay Area ghost kitchen
- Married Couple Behind the L.A. Restaurant Horses Trade Allegations of Violence
- New Restaurant To Offer 'A New Kind Of Fried Chicken' In Malden
- RivCo Restaurant Inspections: Boba Fiend, Del Taco, Jack In The Box
- Must-visit restaurants near Dongduk Women's University
- Try these standout Fort Worth Stockyards restaurants during your next visit
- Mother's Day 2023 Brunch: Reserve Now In New Port Richey Area
- Burger King store closures: Which restaurants are shutting in 2023 and why? Full list so far revealed
Toot Toot's Kitchen, Zuhause and others: Here are the Lafayette area restaurants that closed in 2021 have 311 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at December 24, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.