After nearly two years of suspended international flights, with exceptions only for returning citizens and foreign experts coming to work, the Ministry of Transport has requested the resumption of regular international flights to Vietnam. 200 South Korean tourists arriving in November were the first foreign arrivals to arrive in Kien Giang Island, Phu Quoc Province after two years due to COVID-19 pandemic. The ministry had a recent meeting with representatives of Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways, and Pacific Airlines on the difficulties and solutions to restoring regular international routes. The airlines and airport operators have proposed the resumption of regular international flights, deputy transport minister Le Anh Tuan said. While foreign tourists can visit Vietnam at the moment under a pilot scheme, the fees are expensive and the procedure is complicated, putting Vietnamese airlines at a competitive disadvantage compared to other countries. Solutions to facilitate more arrivals include easing medical quarantine regulations and recognising ‘vaccine passports’ for international flights. According to airport operators, airports are ready to receive international flights. All staff are vaccinated and airports have arranged areas and equipment to receive flights and passengers to ensure the prevention and control of COVID-19. Representatives of the ministries and related… Read full this story
- Are Sustainable Flights the New Precedent?
- Should Norwegian Air Be Approved to Add More Flights to the United States? Your Chance to Be Heard
- International Garuda Indonesia flight services launched in Terminal 3, Soekarno Hatta
- Review of KrisFlyer, the frequent flyer program of Singapore Airlines
- United Airlines stops serving tomato juice and people are freaking out
- Luxury Lounge Wars Heat Up as Airlines Vie for High-End Passengers
- Good Cheap Flights Still Exist. Here’s How to Find Them.
- How to travel, flights to Australia and much more
- You could claim almost £8,000 in compensation if you get bumped off a flight – where’s why and how
- Is it already time to expand Sacramento International Airport?
Transport ministry proposes restarting regular international flights, airlines want quarantine rules eased have 310 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.