INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet File Pic: Williamson appeared to have nailed down a middle order spot at SRH coming into the 2021 season. © BCCI/IPL Sunrisers Hyderabad head coach Trevor Bayliss has revealed that New Zealand batsman Kane Williamson needs more time to get match fit. Williamson was a surprising exclusion from the SRH playing XI for their tournament opener against Kolkata Knight Riders on Sunday (April 11). Williamson appeared to have nailed down a middle order spot going into the new season after impressing in the role last year in the UAE. However, England wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow was named in the side and batted at number 4, eventually scoring a fifty in a losing cause . “We just felt that Kane needed a little bit of extra time to get match fit and a little bit more time in the nets,” Bayliss said after the game. “He would have played in place of Jonny Bairstow obviously if that had occurred. But we aren’t too perturbed about that, Jonny has been in form recently in white-ball cricket here in India. Kane will obviously come into calculations as the tournament unfolds.” Even… Read full this story
- Johnson: UK will be ‘match fit’ for a no-deal Brexit
- Williamson needs help in crucial clash against England
- Boris Johnson ‘will get UK match fit for no deal’
- Cole identifies the Chelsea player Lampard needs back to fitness
- 'I need everybody fully fit to perform'
- Ryan Lowe on how close Jose Baxter is to being fully match fit
- Alex Neil: Preston North End need David Nugent fit and firing
- How to get fit in one day without going to the gym
- Best maternity fitness clothes 2019
- 15 reasons we can win World Cup this time
Williamson needs more time to get match fit - Bayliss have 285 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 13, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.