V IDEOS TAGGED #moneytok have had 10.6bn views on TikTok—more than #tacotuesday, #gossip and #cookingtiktok. Creators can use the tag to signal that their posts are part of a genre on the short-video platform that offers financial advice. In posts lasting less than a minute, Mandi Woodruff-Santos posts career and investment tips to her 27,500 followers. Ms Woodruff-Santos, who was born in Atlanta, Georgia, says that her working-class parents did not discuss investments at the dinner table, and her education left her with little knowledge of how to manage a credit card or to negotiate a raise. Now she and other influencers help their followers with their money woes. It has not quite gained the notoriety that Reddit, an online forum frequented by many retail punters, earned during the spectacular rise of GameStop stock last year. But TikTok, which has 1bn users worldwide, is introducing many young Americans to the world of savings and investment. Nearly a quarter of investors aged 18 to 40, and 41% of those between 18 and 24 years old, have sought financial advice on the platform, according to a survey conducted last year by Magnify Money, a website. Videos can rely mainly on text ("HOW… Read full this story
- Home school your kids about personal finance
- Personal finance expert reveals what you should do with the money you may save on taxes
- Personal finance education added to agenda at Wisconsin schools
- Trump cautions Robert Mueller from prying into his personal finances during Russia probe
- Letter: Why would anyone vote for people so irresponsible with their personal finances?
- Personal finance expert: Here's what to do with the money you may save on taxes
- Louisiana's shaky government finances hit a major oil slick
- What to expect for your personal finances in 2018
- The best of 2017 in personal finance advice
- How to build a championship-caliber personal finance team
Personal finance is a hit on TikTok have 298 words, post on www.economist.com at January 29, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.