Responders for the national hotline 111 for child protection. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh Tuấn Đặng Hoa Nam, director-general of the Department of Child Affairs (under the Ministry of Labours, Invalid and Social Affairs), spoke to Hà Nội Mới (New Hà Nội) newspaper about child protection at the grassroots level. What is your opinion on the violence and abuse against children in the current climate? In recent years, authorities, families and communities have joined in taking care of children and creating favourable conditions for them to live, learn, and play in a safe, healthy environment. However, child abuse and violence still persist in multiple areas, and a majority of the cases were caused by someone close to the child. In 2021 alone, the national hotline for child protection (Hotline 111) received more than 500,000 calls on child-related issues, of which 35,000 were for advice and support, an 11 per cent increase compared to 2020. Following information screening, Hotline 111 has contacted the authorities to intervene in a total of 1,257 cases. It is worth noting that with 67 per cent of the children who suffer such abuse, it comes from inside their families. As revealed by the Ministry of Public Security, there are approximately 2,000… Read full this story
- Child Abuse Cases Linked to Witchcraft Claims Have Increased
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Under Investigation for Child Abuse [Updated]
- Bipartisan Gun Legislation Introduced to Prevent Domestic Abusers From Purchasing Guns
- Survivors Allege Child Abuse and Church Apathy on
- Robin Thicke Is Being Investigated for Child Abuse After Allegedly 'Spanking' His Son
- Would Child Welfare Programs Still Be Failing If They Were Anti-Poverty Instead of Anti-Abuse?
- Corey Feldman Says 'I Would Love to Name Names' of Hollywood's Child Predators
- USA Gymnastics Accused of Enabling Predators By Ignoring Abuse Allegations
- There Are More Child Marriages Happening in 2015 Than You Think: A Q&A
- The Duggars Don't Get Why People Are So Mad About That Sex Abuse Thingy
Preventing child abuse from the grassroots level: Official have 309 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.