Zelenskyy is to address a special summit of EU leaders Fierce fighting reported in Luhansk city of Sievierodonetsk Russia says its ‘top priority’ is victory in Ukraine’s Donbas Bomb attack hits Russian-controlled Melitopol This live updates article has been closed. For the latest developments in Ukraine, please click here . South Ossetia scraps Russia annexation referendum Georgia's breakaway region of South Ossetia has scrapped plans to hold a referendum on joining the Russian Federation . The referendum had been scheduled for July 17. Russia recognized South Ossetia as independent during the Russo-Georgian War of 2008 . South Ossetian leader Alan Gagloev invoked the “uncertainty of the legal consequences of the issue submitted to a referendum.” South Ossetia declared its independence in 1991 and was recognized by Moscow in 2008 Gagloev has ordered “to hold, without delay, consultations with the Russian side on the entire range of issues related to the further integration of South Ossetia and the Russian Federation.” Gagloev's predecessor, Anatoly Bibilov, signed a decree on holding the referendum on May 13. Bibilov lost his bid for re-election earlier this month. EU agrees to remove Sberbank from SWIFT, partial embargo on Russian oil EU Council president Charles Michel said that the… Read full this story
- Missing Harmony Montgomery: Massachusetts GOP governor says state's handling of custody case being reviewed
- Russia threatened with war as US declares Ukraine could be invaded at 'any point'
- NATO leaders say they won't 'compromise core principles' in response to Putin's demands
- U.S. weary from COVID-19 but in a better place now, says Biden
- Ukraine’s Forces Escalate Attacks Against Protesters
- Lawmakers press Biden admin to send more military aid to Ukraine
- Russia Positioning Helicopters, in Possible Sign of Ukraine Plans
- Biden Predicts Putin Will Order Ukraine Invasion, but ‘Will Regret Having Done It’
- In Kentucky, a Governor Who Picked Fights Loses a Big One
- Ukraine president Yanukovych denounces 'coup' in Kiev
Ukraine: Fierce fighting underway Sievierodonetsk, governor says — as it happened have 307 words, post on www.dw.com at January 30, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.