Live Updates Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time in Canada’s history Monday. The rare move provides extra power to the government to end the ongoing demonstrations. Canada is set to ease international travel restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals starting Feb. 28. Truckers began to relocate from Ottawa’s residential areas to a concentrated street Monday, as part of an agreement between Ottawa’s Mayor and convoy leaders. Nearly 50 people have been arrested in connection with protests blocking the Ambassador Bridge. The blockade on the bridge connecting Detroit, Michigan and Canada has impacted about $390 million in daily trade, according to Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland. GiveSendGo, the platform hosting the “Freedom Convoy” fundraiser, is back online Tuesday after being targeted by hackers over the weekend. Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly resigns after being accused of bullying and volatile behavior that has damaged relations with senior leadership and compromised the force’s ability to cope with the truck protest. Deputy Chief Steve Bell is now Interim Chief after Sloly’s resignation. 17:38 PM EST The live updates for this blog have ended 17:36 PM EST Several streets remain closed, Windsor Police say Windsor Police provided a… Read full this story
- Red Hen protester allegedly threw chicken feces at eatery, police say
- Trump in U.K. Live Updates: Giant Baby Takes To Skies as President Has Tea With the Queen, Lunch With PM May
- Live updates: The polls are closed. Now the counting begins
- Live updates: Close race between Ashford, Eastman in 2nd District; Murante leading Royal for treasurer
- Live updates: Close race between Ashford, Eastman in 2nd District; 'It’s going to be a long night'
- Read Live Updates From Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing
- Live Updates: Public pension case goes to Kentucky Supreme Court
- Gatwick live updates – Flights resumed following brief suspension after ‘drone was spotted over runway’ on Friday night
- Westlegate in Norwich to remain closed until winds drop after cladding fell from tower
- ‘New breed’ of terrorists in Northern Ireland, police say
Canada Protest Live Updates: Several streets remain closed, Windsor Police say have 332 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 14, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.