BRIDGE OF HOPE Village watchman Musli Jumli stands guard on the newly constructed 500-meter bridge that links Marang-Marang Island to Isabela City's mainland. Jumli, who used to swim across the sea to go to school, sees the bridge as a hope for their community's future.—JULIE S. ALIPALA ZAMBOANGA CITY—Close to 40,000 people, about half youngsters, were drawn to the Cesar Cortes Climaco Freedom Park in Barangay Pasonanca here on March 17 for the grand rally of presidential hopeful and Vice President Leni Robredo, dubbed as "Layag (Sail) Leni." But most of them may not have an idea of the historical significance of the place, until after they were there. Before introducing the vice president, Mayor Ma. Isabelle Climaco Salazar reminded everybody that they were on hallowed ground as the park, which used to be called Abong-Abong, was renamed after the city's former mayor who made his mark as a freedom fighter. Salazar, who is Climaco's niece, refreshed for her audience a historical tidbit of the late mayor fighting alongside the late Sen. Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr. against the dictatorship which cost them their lives. "They sacrificed their lives for our country; we must not forget their sacrifices," she said. Salazar… Read full this story
- ‘For Honor’ Release Date, News & Update: Ubisoft’s New Game Gains Positive Feedback; Single-player Mode, Never Before Seen Full Story Campaign!
- Total War: Shogun 2 Exclusive Hands-On - Chosokabe Campaign
- Druids and Driders: D&D Online Heads to the Forgotten Realms
- 10 key battles that will define the future of gaming, as PS5, Google and Xbox Project Scarlett draw near
- WoW Wants To Wow You With Legion’s Draw Distance
- Warren Spector on drawing inspiration from other media
- Battlefield 5 release date – all the latest campaign and multiplayer details for the new Battlefield
- Battlefield 5 release date – new campaign and battle royale details
- Star Trek: Legacy Updated Q&A - Details on the Campaign, Command Points, and Gameplay
- Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault is the single-player campaign you've been waiting for
Poll campaign draws attention to Mindanao’s ‘forgotten’ areas have 341 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at April 3, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.