The problems faced by tertiary Apple display supplier BOE appear to have gone from bad to worse, according to a new report. The company is now in danger of losing all orders for the iPhone 14 . Too many of the company's displays were failing to pass quality control checks, and BOE reportedly tried to solve this by quietly changing the specs – without telling Apple … Background Chinese display manufacturer BOE was only ever third-placed in Apple's supply chain, behind Samsung and LG , but was still hoping to make as many as 40M OLED screens this year for a range of iPhone models. BOE hit two problems, however, which put this number in doubt. First, it was struggling to buy enough display driver chips . As we noted previously, these are one of the worst-hit components in the global chip shortage. The global chip shortage was created by a mix of factors. These include increased demand for technology during the pandemic , COVID-related production disruption, and a growing demand for chips by car-makers; as cars rely on increasing numbers of microprocessor units. The biggest issue is not with CPUs and GPUs, but far more mundane chips like display… Read full this story
- Are iPhones finally TOO expensive? Apple ‘cut orders’ for all new models before Christmas
- The Best iPhone and iPad Games
- Apple suppliers will need a plan B if iPhone sales peak
- Apple supplier IQE warns on profits in sign of tough smartphone market
- The 28 amazing iPhone hacks that will make your life so much easier
- Apple reveals triple-camera iPhone; $5 monthly streaming TV undercuts Disney
- Ethiopian Airlines breached Boeing 737 maintenance records: whistleblower
- Google Refused Order to Release Data. Will Other Companies Bow Under Pressure?
- Samsung Is Pouring $11 Billion Into Next-Generation Displays
- Apple phones still sold in China despite ban
Apple display supplier BOE may lose all iPhone 14 orders after trying to cheat have 291 words, post on 9to5mac.com at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.