In a landmark deal, soccer players of the U.S. men's and women's national teams will now be paid equally, including per-game fees and prize money from official tournaments, such as the FIFA World Cup. advertisement advertisement The agreement is a major win for women's soccer —a victory claimed just six months before men's soccer kicks off its quadrennial World Cup in Qatar this fall. According to the terms of the new deal, U.S. men's and women's players will take home the same paychecks for international matches ($18,000 to $24,000, depending on the tier of competition), and more notably—in a groundbreaking scheme for the sports world—will pool the prize money received from FIFA, the global governing body of soccer, for participating in the World Cup, to be divided evenly among the two teams. That first-of-its-kind scheme resolves what was the greatest tripping point on the path to equal pay. Historically, the gulf in prize money has been wide—with men awarded scores more than women. In 2019, the American women's team earned $4 million for winning the FIFA World Cup title, while in 2018, all men's teams that qualified for the tournament were paid $8 million, and the winner was paid $38… Read full this story
- When is Equal Pay Day 2018, what does it mean and why are women setting their Out of Office up?
- Equal Pay Day: What 5 inspiring women have said about getting what you’re worth
- Paying college athletes is a huge win for women
- Opinion: Paying college athletes is a huge win for women
- Equal pay day – why women aren’t being paid for the rest of the year due to the gender pay gap
- BBC must end wage discrimination, MPs demand in damning equal pay report
- Equal Pay Day: How UK women are working the rest of the year unpaid
- 'Our voice will be heard around the world' Thousands stage equal pay strike
- Everything you need to know about the Women’s Institute on its 100th anniversary
- USWNT disputes USSF filing in equal pay suit
Equal pay comes to U.S. soccer: Here’s what to know about the landmark win for women players have 344 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.