Published 15 hours ago comments Comments Share close Share page Copy link About sharing The nuclear power station being built at Hinkley Point will start operating a year later than planned and will cost an extra £3bn, EDF has said. The revised operating date for the site in Somerset is now June 2027 and total costs are estimated to be in the range of £25bn to £26bn. EDF said it would have no cost impact on British consumers or taxpayers. The French energy giant developing the site largely put the delays down to the impact of the pandemic. EDF has published the findings of a review into the cost and schedule of the power station, taking into account the continuing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. A reduction in workers allowed on site due to Covid safety measures had resulted in the loss of more than half a million days of critical work in 2020 and 2021, it said. Stuart Crooks, managing director of Hinkley Point C, said they had to “suddenly cut numbers on site from more than 5,000 to around 1,500”. He added this meant “we had no choice but to become less efficient” with the supply chain “also… Read full this story
- Trump defends his 'successful' vaccine distribution and blames STATES for disastrous rollout that's seen just 25% of doses administered after Mitt Romney said delays will cost 'thousands of lives'
- Some things never change! Australia rings in 2021 with one of the most bizarre New Year's Eve celebrations EVER with Melburnians letting their hair (and masks) down while Sydneysiders are forced to watch on from home
- A look back at a year that rocked markets and the global economy
- Arcadia goes bust: Sir Philip Green's retail group enters administration with 13,000 jobs at brands including TopShop and Burton on the line and a '£350m pension black hole' - but shops stay open for now
- Prosecutors seek three-month delay in trial of four Minneapolis cops charged in George Floyd's death because of the pandemic
- Kylie Jenner goes on unfollowing spree as Sofia Richie, Fai Khadra and other members of squad are purged from her Instagram
- What will define the New Year: Here's A to Z of 2021
- Trump's family bring in the New Year at Mar-a-Lago without him: Tiffany, Don Jr, Eric and their other halves join hundreds of maskless guests at $1k-a-head party to ring in 2021 after President returned to DC early
- 'Divorce is imminent': Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's 'marriage is OVER' after six years and four children - amid claims she has 'had enough' and they 'are in settlement talks' with high-powered lawyers
- ANDREW PIERCE: Leftie peer's been lording it for years
Hinkley Point C delayed by a year as cost goes up by £3bn have 430 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.