NBC Sports said Thursday that Maria Taylor will be the new host of Football Night in America , NBC's weekly studio show that leads into the network's Sunday Night Football . Taylor, who joined NBC from ESPN less than a year ago, had been a co-host of the Sunday primetime program alongside Mike Tirico, who is joining the SNF booth this upcoming season alongside Cris Collinsworth. He replaces Al Michaels, who exited after the end of this past season and is moving to Amazon to call its nascent slate of Thursday night NFL games alongside Kirk Herbstreit. In addition to the FNA role, Taylor executive producing an eight-part documentary series on the history of the Black quarterback in the NFL. It eventually will stream on Peacock. Since joining NBC, Taylor has had roles including hosting the Tokyo and Beijing Olympics and the Super Bowl LVI Pregame Show. "Maria is the perfect choice to carry the legacy forward of anchoring the most-watched studio show in sports," NBC Sports executive producer Sam Flood said in announcing her promotion. NBC's Sunday Night Football has been broadcast TV's most-watched show for 11 consecutive years.
- CB Hounslow to name new manager as Frank James steps down to focus on ground development
- Tirico chosen to host NBC’s inaugural Indy 500 coverage
- Emiliano Sala search set to RESUME after Lionel Messi and host of football stars help raise £200k for private rescue mission
- From AAF to FFL to XFL, here's a guide to all the new non-NFL football leagues
- From AAF to XFL to Pacific Pro Football and more, here's a guide to all the new non-NFL football leagues
- Boston's Fenway Park to host new 2020 college football bowl game between ACC, AAC teams
- Monday Night Football's mid-life crisis: From monopoly to monotony
- From Tool to Taylor Swift, here’s the new music coming to your ears in August
- College Football Championship: Will you want to watch?
- Former Michigan State RB Lorenzo White named to College Football Hall of Fame
Maria Taylor Named New Host Of NBC’s ‘Football Night In America’ have 331 words, post on deadline.com at September 20, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.