Former president Donald Trump is scheduled to headline a forum at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in Houston this Friday – about a four-hour drive from where a shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, killed at least 19 children and two teachers on Tuesday. The Memorial Day weekend event is the year’s largest for the gun lobby meeting after cancellations due to the coronavirus pandemic. It’s set to take place over three days and “showcase over 14 acres of the latest guns and gear,” according to its official website. “The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce that former President Donald Trump will headline a star-studded cast of political heavyweights at the NRA Institute for Legislative Action,” the body said in a statement in May. The forum is also slated to include Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas, and North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson – all Republicans. The next night, “American Pie” singer Don McLean is due to perform. Sen. John Cornyn, R, of Texas was also scheduled to speak but pulled out before the shooting for personal reasons requiring him to be in… Read full this story
- South Florida police arrest another suspect in Memorial Day beach shooting
- Bailey Holt Called Her Mother During Kentucky Shooting
- Trump On Kentucky Shooting: 'Thoughts And Prayers'
- Trump lawyers meet officials at DOJ as special counsel probe on classified documents near end
- Former Vice President Mike Pence files paperwork launching 2024 presidential bid in challenge to Donald Trump
- Trump attorneys meet with special counsel at Justice Dept amid documents investigation
- Can Christie Succeed as ‘Trump Slayer’? New Jersey Has Thoughts.
- D-Day Anniversary: How preparing for D-Day changed Britain FOR EVER
- Nikki Haley plans 3-day fundraising blitz across Texas, attracts support from high-profile women
- Mailbag: Keys to Pac-12 survival (the Arizona schools), Colorado’s role, a UW conspiracy theory, Kliavkoff’s silence and more
Trump to speak at NRA meeting in Texas days after school shooting have 316 words, post on www.sfgate.com at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.