Indian medical students studying in Chinese universities, who have been stranded in India since January 2020, recently held a protest at New Delhi's Jantar Mantar, demanding immediate action to allow them to obtain practical training, either in China or in Indian medical schools. Why are the students stuck? The outbreak of the pandemic in China in December 2019, followed by the lockdown, led to an estimated 23,000 Indian students, mostly studying medicine, coming back to India. These are the students who are now stuck. While most countries such as Australia who locked down during the pandemic have since reopened their doors to international students, China's tough Covid Zero strategy has meant that students from across the world studying in Chinese universities are yet to go back to their campuses. Read | After two years, China says will permit 'some' Indian students to return Though China is gradually opening its doors to students from friendly countries such as Pakistan, Thailand, the Solomon Islands, and, most recently, Sri Lanka, it has remained silent on allowing Indian students and family members of Indians working in China. Best of Express Premium There are no stars anymore, says Karan Johar. Why he is right Get… Read full this story
- The doctor who's blind and deaf: Medical student, 25, uses a special Bluetooth stethoscope (and patients love her folding cane)
- Six times as many new medical students from London as from north-east
- MHA, MEA nod must for MoUs with Chinese educations institutes: UGC tells universities
- Applying to university: top tips from today's students to tomorrow's
- It’s time to give London students more money
- 'Rogue landlords' prey on international students in the 'wild west' of Australia's rental market, report finds
- 2 Indian students killed on Thanksgiving night in US
- Jinan University opens enrollment for HK students
- Bernie’s Student Debt Plan Doesn’t Make Sense. Which Is Fine.
- 'I wish I'd delayed coming to the UK' : overseas students call for further visa extensions
Indian medical students in Chinese universities are stuck: Why, and what next? have 321 words, post on indianexpress.com at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.