Errol Louis is the host of “Inside City Hall,” a nightly political show on NY1, a New York all-news channel. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion articles on CNN. (CNN) The Supreme Court’s decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, which struck down a New York law that restricts the right to carry concealed weapons in the nation’s most populous city, is a triumph of conservative ideology over common sense. Errol Louis “Shocking. Absolutely shocking,” said a visibly furious New York Gov. Kathy Hochul minutes after the ruling was announced. “If the federal government will not have sweeping laws to protect us, then our states and our governors have a moral responsibility to do what we can and have laws that protect our citizens because of what is going on ― the insanity of the gun culture that has now possessed everyone all the way up to even to the Supreme Court.” Insanity is the right word. New York City is home to about 8.8 million people — with the addition of hundreds of thousands of commuters and tourists every day — all in about 300 square miles. Despite the… Read full this story
- The Supreme Court Just Ruled (Narrowly) In Favor Of The Baker In The Same-Sex Wedding Cake Case
- Supreme Court Overturning 40-Year-Old Precedent Is 'Deeply Disturbing' Decision for Other Landmark Cases: Experts
- The Supreme Court Just Legitimized a Cornerstone Element of Voter Suppression
- Opinion: 2020 candidate Seth Moulton on how Democrats are ignoring common sense in the fight against Trump
- Supreme Court's Indiana Abortion Decision Could've 'Calmed' Fears But Instead Added Fuel to the Fire, Say Experts
- Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch to the supreme court after historic rules change
- Supreme Court to hear Louisiana abortion case in first test for conservative majority
- Groups answer Supreme Court with million-dollar push to counter gerrymandering
- Did Kavanaugh’s Replacement, Neomi Rao, Show the Supreme Court a Path to Justify Trump’s Defiance of Congress?
- DACA, LGBTQ Rights, Abortion, Gun Control: Cases to Watch in the Supreme Court's New Term
Opinion: The Supreme Court's gun ruling is the triumph of conservatives over common sense have 337 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.