Many 16-year-old students in Singapore find themselves asking the same question: "What am I going to do after secondary school?" As others struggled to find the answer, Ian Tan Jun Yong had already made a decision. "I see myself as someone who is compassionate and someone who genuinely enjoys helping people around me. With that, I have always wanted to study something that revolved around care and hospitality." Tan's interest was fueled even further when his grandfather was hospitalised. "When I went to visit him with my family, I was really impressed and inspired by the hospitality shown by the hospital staff," the now 19-year-old told Mothership . This affirmed his passion and interest in healthcare. As he learnt more about the healthcare industry, Tan found himself more inclined towards community care. "I decided that I wanted to focus more on helping and caring for people who were suffering so much that they are not even able to leave their homes to seek medical care," Tan said. With a clearer idea of where he wanted to go, Tan began searching for the right polytechnic course. He came across the Diploma in Health Services Management in a Republic Polytechnic (RP) course… Read full this story
- Roll up! Universities embark on big push to boost student vote
- Restaurant pros mentor St. Paul students: 'I learned how to debone a chicken'
- Can 2020 o election help you shed student loan debt?
- How for-profit cosmetology schools entangle students in debt
- Screen addiction is destroying travel. Here's how to stop it
- Here's how Travel readers keep their clothes clean on the road
- It's a wrap: NATO's John Fithian on finalizing d-cinema and securing future industry growth
- Oakland teachers strike for better pay, many students stay away from class
- X Marks the Spot
- 5 Tips to Travel on a Student Budget
This RP student followed his passion & secured a spot in his desired course via Early Admissions Exercise. Here’s how. have 305 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.